1812w Load Balance two internet connections

I am trying to figure out how to set up my 1812w to run two wan connections (dsl) and to portion them out on the single router.

I have read that they have "load balancing" is this so. How can this be set up. I am just starting to get my hands "dirty" with cisco, so any links to some help would be great.

Thanks

Reply to
leadtrombone
Loading thread data ...

While routers can do load balancing, you most likely are having this router do NAT which complicates this greatly. You can't load balance NAT that I know of, meaning that 192.168.0.0/24 cannot be alternatively natted to A.B.C.D (dsl interface #1) and E.F.G.H (dsl interface #2). Your nat statements will be one or the other, or you can split 192.168.0.0/24 into two /25's and NAT one to each internet connection, which still isnt really load balancing. I'm not an expert on the internet facing side, but I don't think what you are trying to do is possible with a single 1812. Let's see how others weigh in....

Reply to
Trendkill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.