VTP info is not passing from switch1 to switch2

Hi folks,

I have 2 2910XL switches. I have connected them via 1 crossover ethernet cable. vtp info is not passing from switch1 to switch2

I have setup the following...

switch1# vlan database switch1(vlan)# vtp domain testdomain switch1(vlan)# vtp mode server switch1(vlan)# vlan 3 name testvlan

switch2# vlan database switch2(vlan)# vlan mode client

sh vtp status on switch1 shows revision number at 1 sh vtp status on switch2 shows revision number at 0

I have also added ip addresses on switch1 and switch2 to the same network, I have also tried setting the vlan password. I have even added a switchport to one of the new vlans. I have also made the ports trunks. After all this it still doesn't work.

can comeone please help?

thanks Dave

Reply to
Dave
Loading thread data ...

meant to say that switch2 also has the domain "testdomain"

Reply to
Dave

Anyone?

Reply to
Dave

Have you looked at:

formatting link
It's been a while since I looked at VTP, but I do remember certain things have to match - domain, password, vtp version - and any uplinks have to be trunks I think too for the VTP updates to be propagated. Is the native vlan the same on both sides of the trunk you have configured - that could possibly cause a problem I think.

Reply to
Al

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.