Unable to add vlans on my Cisco 871w router

Hello All,

I'm hoping I can get some information on something that's a little bizarre about my new Cisco 871W Router. This is a Cisco router with Wan port, 4-port switch, a dot11radio interface. According to the product description on cisco's website, it is supposed to have vlan support:

formatting link
According to the show vtp status command, the device states that it supports up to 256 vlans yet when I try to create additional vlans I get a message that additional vlans cannot be added.

acsrouter#show vtp status VTP Version : 2 Configuration Revision : 0 Maximum VLANs supported locally : 256 Number of existing VLANs : 5 VTP Operating Mode : Server VTP Domain Name : acs VTP Pruning Mode : Disabled VTP V2 Mode : Disabled VTP Traps Generation : Disabled MD5 digest : 0xAA 0x3F 0x8E 0x57 0xDC 0xFA 0x53 0x4B Configuration last modified by 0.0.0.0 at 0-0-00 00:00:00 Local updater ID is 10.10.10.1 on interface Vl1 (lowest numbered VLAN interface found)

acsrouter(vlan)#vlan 2 name Private Vlan can not be added. Maximum number of 1 vlan(s) in the database.

Can anyone tell me for sure if this means that I'm not allowed to create additional vlans?

Thanks in Advance,

Adil

Reply to
AN
Loading thread data ...

Can you verify which IOS you are running?

If memory serves me right, the advance ip services IOS is the one that allows you to create VLANs and the advance security IOS is the one that doesn't...anyone else care to comment?

J

formatting link

Reply to
jamie

Hi Jamie,

This is probably the case and hence I got a hold of the advanced ip services IOS.

Thanks for your response.

Adil

jamie wrote:

Reply to
AN

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.