Enable guests on Cisco WLAN

Hello.

I have been tasked with setting up our WLAN to allow guests access to the internet, and not the local domain (well, maybe a single printer or two, but that can be done by IPP).

Currently the WLAN runs RADIUS with Win2K IAS and Certificate Auth on Cisco 1121 AP's and works perfectly.

What are my options to allow guests internet access? I have been looking at various hotspot products, but I would prefer not having to add any extra gateways and such, yet still it is essential that we can control who connects to the network (and yes, budget is a major factor).

Any ideas? Is this possible at all?

Reply to
puzzled newbie
Loading thread data ...

Well, if you don't want to buy any new hardware, maybe you can explain what hardware you already have.

Is there a 802.1q capable switch between the 1121s and your Internet connection? If so, you can throw your guest users onto a VLAN that is isolated from your intranet.

Do you have an IOS router in the path that can do Auth Proxy?

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.