VPNGROUP password

Hi I have lost the VPNGROUP password configured in the PIX. How do I recover VPNGROUP password?

I believe "write net" will do it. But I don't know how to set up the tftp. Can anyone kindly help?

Thanks

Reply to
soup_or_power
Loading thread data ...

Yes, that is correct.

The process of setting up tftp varies with the platform that you are trying to set up the tftp server on. If you are using Windows, you may wish to use Kiwi CatTools,

formatting link
a lot of people use the tftpd from Solarwinds.net
formatting link

If you happen to be asking how to do the setup on the PIX:

go into configuration mode and command

tftp-server inside IPADDRESS DESTINATIONFILENAME

after that, when you are in configuration mode (important point, enable mode is -not- enough for this), write net will send the file over.

Note: a common issue on tftp servers is that many of them insist that the destination file -already- exist and be writable by everyone

-- so as to prevent random people from depositing files.

Another common issue with tftp servers is that they usually will only allow files to be written into directories that you have preconfigured on the server. The method of preconfiguring depends on the platform and tftpd server program in use.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.