Password recovery problem

To all:

We have a Cisco Catalyst 4224 switch/router and I fat fingered the enable secret password while changing it. I am now locked out of privledged mode. My problem gets worse, when I attempt a passoword recovery on the box and interupt its boot process the machine hangs at the Rommon prompt. I can power down/up and it will boot properly it I don't interupt it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

PG

Reply to
philgio
Loading thread data ...

Hi Phil,

Try this:

set authorization exec enable if-authenticated none console set authorization exec enable if-authenticated none telnet

Should be your enable secret password that you have configured on your switch.

-------------------------------------

Also you may wish to investigate Solarwinds - How to reset an enable secret password via SNMP.

Ever mistype a password.... or have the only person that knows the passwords go on vacation or quit .... ?

The SolarWinds Config Uploader can easily reset any login or enable password on a Cisco router or switch. You do not need to know the password, just the router/switch's SNMP read-write community string.

formatting link

Encrypted passwords you can feed into the Boson GetPass Utility to receive the unencrypted version:

formatting link

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Website:
formatting link
Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.