PAT on Cisco 851W

I'm tring to resolve a web hosting - actually security camera - problem for client.

The camera server only hosts on port 80, this cannot be changed. The local ISP (Cox) blocks port 80. The Linksys router my client previously used was web accessable via port 8080 (so we know that port is NOT blocked by the ISP) and had NAT w/ port forwarding but not (true) PAT.

My (so-called) solution, replace the Linksys with a 851W and port forward

8080 (outside) to port 80 inside.

Doesn't work. I can't get to the inside device - and frankly, this should be easy.

I've only tried configuring the device with SDM express (the version of SDM supplied doesn't work either), but if someone has an IOS solution I can console in and try it that way.

Many Thanks,

jbw

Reply to
James B. Wood
Loading thread data ...

Gee guys, I didn't think this was going to be so tough as to be ignored.

jbw

Reply to
James B. Wood

If you have NAT configured already, then the command:

ip nat inside source static tcp 80 8080

should set up port forwarding. Note though, that you need to know the external IP address (you can't specify an interface), and if this changes, this needs to be reflected in this command. Also, if you have an inbound ACL on your external interface, it will need to be amended to permit access to port 8080.

Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Melbourne

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.