VPN over My Internet Gateway Interface

im trying to stablish a VPN peer-to-peer over my internet serial concection the problem is when i start the vpn all the trafic between the internet and my lan is down , whan can i do for mount the vpn over the internet gateway and dont block the internet connection

im using a 2811 router Thank you Best Regards

Reply to
gferragut
Loading thread data ...

Following the ideas of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), I believe the term is site to site VPN meaning that a whole network is being connected to a whole network over a VPN connection of whatever type is specified. This is contrast to a RAS VPN where one individual host out in the world establishes a VPN back to a network.

There are many ways to do a VPN connection and many protocols to do it with. I am providing a sample of a 3DES encrypted and MD5 hash site to site VPN connection which uses a crypto map with an address range applied to an interface, similar to what you mentioned. You need an IOS image such as Advanced Security, Advanced IP Services, or Advanced Enterprise Services for this.

Reply to
Scott Perry

I belive the actual term is site-to-site VPN, not peer-to-peer. My criticism is only to ensure accuracy so that we are all speaking in the same terms. I think that is why the ITIL system was started.

crypto isakmp policy 10 encr 3DES hash MD5 authentication pre-share group 2 ! crypto ipsec transform-set MD5-3DES ah-MD5-hmac esp-3DES mode transport ! crypto isakmp key secretword address 12.2.2.2 crypto map acmeinc 10 ipsec-isakmp set peer 12.2.2.2 set transform-set MD5-3DES match address vpn-acmeinc ! interface Serial0 crypto map acmeinc ! ip access-list extended vpn-acmeinc permit ip 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 192.168.2.0 0.0.0.255 ! ip route 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 Serial0

Reply to
Scott Perry

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.