506E Drops Connection

Hello all:

We have had our PIX 506E for about 2-3 years now. Just this past few weeks we have been having to restart it in order for it to allow traffic to flow through. Anyone know what might be causing this? Nothing has changed as far as its configuration goes.

We have had Cisco hardware in the past have faulty power adapters which did the same thing. Could this be the issue?

Thanks.

Reply to
ohnnyj
Loading thread data ...

Not sure but it could be the power cable. I'm not found of it's connector and it's given me trouble, too. Usually if you bump it the machine will restart.

Reply to
just bob

Hi,

It happened wih me as well with PIX 506 E. After a successful reboot it stopped responding and traffic flow stopped. Causes may be:

1. Memory full which make PIX to restart.
  2. Hardware (NIC) faulty.
  3. Miss configuration.
  4. Power adapter faulty.

None of this helped me and when i open the PIX chasis and there is one Lithium Battery which was faulty and after replacing the battery it worked fiine Dont know what happened after 2 months i replaced the new battery with the same old one and its working from past 11months now ;)

Reply to
CK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.