variables in ACL ?

Is it possible for me to set variables for IPs, such as

$MY_MAIL_SERVER = "192.168.1.1/32" $MY_FTP_SERVER="192.168.2.2/32" ... $CUSTOMER_A_NET="208.109.xxx.xxx/27" $CUSTOMER_B_GATEWAY="209.101.xxx.xxx/32"

when using in access lists ?

Thanks,

DT

Reply to
dt1649651
Loading thread data ...

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: :Is it possible for me to set variables for IPs, such as

:$MY_MAIL_SERVER = "192.168.1.1/32" :$MY_FTP_SERVER="192.168.2.2/32" ... :$CUSTOMER_A_NET="208.109.xxx.xxx/27" :$CUSTOMER_B_GATEWAY="209.101.xxx.xxx/32"

:when using in access lists ?

Not in any Cisco product that I can think of. But on the other hand, I can't think of any that permit CIDR style lengths instead of IP and quad mask combinations.

In IOS, you can assign names to IPs; I do not recall the exact syntax.

In PIX, you can use the 'name' command to assign names to IPs. The PIX also allows the use of 'object-group', which for some purposes is even better than a variable.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

No. If you want to do stuff like this, use scripts on a server to construct your configuration files, and then download the files to the routers.

Reply to
Barry Margolin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.