AP of the 881 does not see usb flash memory

I have two Cisco 881. I can copy the main config of the one router over the other using the usb flash memory. When I log in into the AP using "service-module wlan 0 session" or using telnet to the BVI device, I cannot see the flash device at all. How can I access the USB flash from the AP ?

Thanks for your advice.

DT

Reply to
dt1649651
Loading thread data ...

Hi DT,

~ I have two Cisco 881. I can copy the main config of the one router ~ over the other using the usb flash memory. ~ When I log in into the AP using "service-module wlan 0 session" or ~ using telnet to the BVI device, I cannot see the flash device at all. ~ How can I access the USB flash from the AP ? ~ ~ Thanks for your advice. ~ ~ DT

The AP inside the 86x/88x/89x (the "AP801") is what we lovingly refer to as a "PSA" (Power-Sucking Alien). I.e., logically speaking, the AP801 is an entirely separate IOS system from the router; it has no way to directly access devices that are private to the router, such as its USB flash.

Here's a block diagram that should help you understand the relationship between the 881 and the AP801 (render via fixed-width ASCII):

__________________________ [ ] [ 881 ] [ ] [ [ internal ] ] [ [10/100/1000 ] ] [ [ switch ] [tty2] ] [________|____________|____] | | ________|____________|____ [ [int Gig0] [line con0]] [ ] [ AP801 ] [__________________________]

So: if you want the AP801 to be able to access a file on the 881's flash, then you can set up the 881 as a TFTP server, and the AP801 as a TFTP client.

What precisely is your goal here?

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.