use VoIP to connect two sites

Hi,

I'd like to connect two sites by using Voice over IP

site 2 (callcenter) site 1 (remote) _____ _____ phone1 -----| | | |----- phoneline1 --| phone2 -----| | | |----- phoneline2 --| phone3 -----| | Internet/ISP | |----- phoneline3 --| phone4 -----| |-----| ... |-----| |----- phoneline4 --|PSTN phone5 -----| | | |----- phoneline5 --| phone6 -----| | | |----- phoneline6 --| phone7 -----| | | |----- phoneline7 --| phone8 -----|_____| |_____|----- phoneline8 --|

Calls will be made from PSTN to phonelines 1-8.

I need to transfer/forward the calls using the Internet from site 1 to site 2.

Can I use Cisco 1700/1800/2600/2800 routers with WICs/VICs or Network Modules to do that? If so, which equipment do I need for 8 lines ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Alexej Buchholz

Reply to
cool_runn
Loading thread data ...

One 2800 router as VoIP gateway on each site would do it. You need to choose the proper 2800 interface cards according to how you plan to attach the phone lines into the 2800. For instance, you could put one T1 card on the 2800 if you have a T1-enabled PBX on the site. Also, watch out the number of DSPs you'll need in the 2800 to support 8 (?) concurrent VoIP calls.

Reply to
Everton
2801 would work, and if buying new, I'd suggest a 2800 series, but if you have 2600 series, you can use these as well as they support voice.

The # of DSPs needed is relevant to the type of codec you use, so do some research on that. The type of PVDM's used also has an effect on this as the PVDM2 can be more dense depending on the protocol

If you have 8 POTS lines, then you'd need 2x VWIC2-4FXO to control those 8 lines. If it's a PRI/T1, you can use VWIC-1MFT-T1, or the new VWIC-2MFT-T1/E1.

Reply to
ESM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.