Unexpected exception...

I get this problem when I boot my 2611XM. Evan setting confreg to

0x2142 and resetting I still get the CPUvector... messages

Unexpected exception to CPUvector 1100, PC = 0

-Traceback= 0 803EF60C 803EF068 803EF444 803F061C

rommon 1 > dir flash: File size Checksum File name 11100292 bytes (0xa96084) 0xbebe c2600-ik9s-mz.122-28b.bin rommon 2 >

Any help appreciated, Ned

Reply to
Ned
Loading thread data ...

Tracebacks are caused by IOS bugs - you should upgrade the IOS and if problem peresists open a case with the Cisco TAC.

Reply to
Merv

True.

If it is not booting maybe it is a hardware problem. "PC = 0 seems a bit suspicious."

Try booting with all network interfaces removed, if you have any non-integral modules. WICs or NMs. Unplug network cables too.

Have you got enough memory for the IOS? Maybe with far too little memory it would just crash?

Also if that does not help:- If the router is a toy, take the lid off and gently re-seat any socketed components (or get someone who knows what to do to do it) by pressing on them making sure the board is supported behind and that anti-static precautions are taken.

If it is for business open a TAC case and get it fixed.

Maybe the image is corrupt? Checksum 0xbebe seems a bit repetitive? I checked, the checksum is correct so the image is likely, but not necessarily OK.

Maybe the developer fixed the checksum:)

Reply to
anybody43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.