Unable to connect to 5505 Switch via Console

The hospital I work for has a Cisco 5505 series switch. We are clearing out old inventory and I am trying to console into the switch to see what IOS is running or if there are any issues with the switch prior to trading it in. The switch is running dual sup modules with sup III. All the module lights go green and the module in slot 1 shows active and good according to the lights but I am unable to connect to the switch. In order to trade the switch in we need to be able to email sho ver and sho mod outputs to the resseller. I have tried the conventional buad of

9600 data 8 stop 1 and parity and hardware none. I have also tried other buad rates as well. this switch has been out of production for some time and I have no idea what its previous config was like because it was taken out of production by a previous employee who is no longer here.

Anybody have any tips or words of wisdom how I can reset this thing to default baud rate or any other way to get into the switch.

Thanks,

Steve Johnson

Reply to
Newbie72
Loading thread data ...

try popping out the 1st sup you tried and see if you can get in on the other suo

Reply to
Merv

try popping out the 1st sup you tried and see if you can get in on the other suo

I tried that and unfortunately still no go.... I just tried a different console cable and that did not help either.

Reply to
Newbie72

make sure you use a straight-thru cable on a SUP III console port

Reply to
Merv

make sure you use a straight-thru cable on a SUP III console port

Thanks Merv you are the Man!!!

Reply to
Newbie72

I am in.....

Thank You

Reply to
Newbie72

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.