Cisco 1605 Console

I pick-up a 1605-R off ebay. I've got a T1 coming in about 2 weeks for our Asterisk server. I tried to get it to talk to me using 9600,

8 bit, 1 stop no flow control (hyper terminal) and I see nothing during boot or afterwards from the console port. I assume the cable is standard RS-232. The cable works with other devices. The lights seem normal with OK after boot. Any ideas I should try?

Bart

Reply to
Bart Fisher
Loading thread data ...

Have you searched Cisco's site?

It is not clear whether your serial and, or console cable working fine with other Cisco devices.

If there no help available at Cisco, try starting with 1200 baud and go up one by one 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600 and 115200 on live

1605 box, in none of the above brings your any connectivity you may need change your cable between cross and, or straight models (Hint: test your current cable with a multi-meter, it should be a _cross_ if all the pins are not 1 is to 1, straight otherwise).

Though not related to Cisco devices, but you may find good information on standard serial cables, particularly the Pinouts and Signals at:

formatting link
Hope that helps,

Reply to
Dr Balwinder S Dheeman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.