Connecting to a Cisco router's Console port via Zterm - Issues

Hi Sir,

I realize that this topic has been discussed before but I am literally upto the wall with my attempts. I am turning to the forum after my futile attempts to connect my PowerBook G4 to a 2521 Cisco routers Console port.

My setup is as below:

PB USB port USB to Serial Cable Serial-to-DB9 adapter Rollover cable Console port

My connection settings are:

9600 baud 8 data bits No Parity 1 Stop bit No flow control

Symptoms after this connection:

The ZTerm screen stays absolutely blank.

Please help!!

Thank you for your time.

- Tintin

Reply to
Tintin
Loading thread data ...

Hi Sir,

I realize that this topic has been discussed before but I am literally upto the wall with my attempts. I am turning to the forum after my futile attempts to connect my PowerBook G4 to a 2521 Cisco routers Console port.

My setup is as below:

PB USB port USB to Serial Cable Serial-to-DB9 adapter Rollover cable Console port

My connection settings are:

9600 baud 8 data bits No Parity 1 Stop bit No flow control

Symptoms after this connection:

The ZTerm screen stays absolutely blank.

Please help!!

Thank you for your time.

- Tintin

Reply to
Tintin

Are you sure that the USB dongle's drivers are working correctly? Did you choose which port to open inside ZTerm? Keyspan makes some solid stuff for Macs.

Does your 2521 function still after all these years?

I use my power book all the time to access cisco routers (and different brands of firewalls, switches, etc. etc. etc).

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

See if you can find someone who has a portable with a 9-pin serial port so that you can verify the DB-9 adapter rollover cable and the

2521 console port. Given it work then you know that the problem lies with the remaining pieces. Divid and conquer ...

Make sure you use a brand name USB-to-serial adapter such as Keyspan - a lot of the stuff out there is simply junk.

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.