Spoke and Hub having problems with exchange server

Hello I setup a remote site as a spoke. For some reason they are having problems accessing the mailserver. OWA does not work it seems very slow and outlook completely freezes at the start. I was able to take over the remote pcs with vnc and i was able to browse remote server shares. Any ideas what the problem could be? thanks

Reply to
jcharth
Loading thread data ...

You need to provide a LOT more info befor anyone will be able to help you.

- router models at each hub and spoke

- IOS versions on both routers

- WAN transport and bandwidth

- routing protocol used on link

- show interface from both routers for the link between the two sites

- show interface switching

- show ip cef

- etc, etc

Reply to
Merv

Hello,

it could just be that the line between your remote site and your main site is saturated...what happens if you let the clients select the 'Basic' option on their login screen ? Can you check if the client's mailboxes are very large, or create a new client and have that client try to access OWA from the remote site ?

Regards,

GP

Reply to
nazgulero

Thanks The router models are as follow ios 12.3 1700 ios 12.1 1700 pix 515 6.3

i can browse the print server website, but even owa seems to stall. May be i should remove my traffic shapping, just for the day.

Reply to
jcharth

Reply to
jcharth

Hello,

weid indeed...if the number of hops depends on the size of the packet, that must mean that somehow the intermediate devices route traffic based on packet size. Can you post the MTR results with both packet sizes, if possible ? I am interested in the intermediate hops...by the way, which country are you in ?

Regards,

Naz

Reply to
nazgulero

with packet of 1492 i get

10.10.2.1 1 0% 8 8 No response 2 100% 7 0 10.10.11.1 3 58% 7 3 No response 4 0% 1 0 No response 5 0% 1 0 No response 6 0% 1 0 10.10.11.1 7 0% 1 1

with packet of 1000 i get

10.10.2.1 0% 16 16 No response from host 100% 15 0 10.10.11.1 7% 15 14 10.10.11.1 0% 1 1

The columns are lost% sent and received. I wish i could do the test with a host inside the 10.10.11.x subnet but there are no hosts online today. The results look similar but the last row is 10.10.11.47 instead. I tried changing the MTU on the interface inside and on the clients but that did not work, i think i set it up too low to 576, I am thinking may be i can change the mtu on the mailserver or just increase it to

1000 on the internal interface of the router. Thanks.
Reply to
jcharth

I havent test this but someone just mention to put this in the router's internal iterface ip tcp adjust-mss 1380

Reply to
jcharth

changing the mss did not work, i had to change mtu and mss it seems like that does the trick.

Reply to
jcharth

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.