smallest IOS based router with 3 ethernet interfaces

Hi!

What is the smallest IOS based router which has 3 Ethernet Interfaces?

Thanks, Christian

Reply to
Christian Lox
Loading thread data ...

I don't know about the smallest, but if I understand correctly, the

837 has a four-port switch, one port of which can be changed into a full LAN interface.
Reply to
Walter Roberson

1. interface types - routed or just switched or a mix ?
  2. if just switched - 1 VLAN or multiple VLANs ?
Reply to
Merv

Cisco SB 101 Small Business Secure Broadband Router

CISCOSB101-K9

Note only support RIP routing

Key Features Functionalities VPN Pass-Thru =B7 Firewall =B7 DHCP Server Connectivity Wired Interfaces Built-In 4-port Built-In Switch LAN Interfaces 10/100 Base-T Standards and Protocols LAN Standards Ethernet (802.3) =B7 Fast Ethernet (802.3u) Protocols ARP =B7 ATM =B7 DHCP =B7 PPP =B7 PPPoA =B7 PPPoE =B7 TCP Routing Protocols RIP Version 1 =B7 RIP Version 2 Management Protocol SNMP =B7 HTTP =B7 Telnet Firewall / VPN Firewall Features Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) =B7 NAT VPN Protocols IPSec Pass-Thru =B7 PPTP Pass-Thru =B7 L2TP Pass-Thru Authentication RADIUS =B7 TACACS+ =B7 PAP (UPAP) =B7 CHAP Modem DSL Standards ADSL Full Rate (G.DMT ITU G.992.1) Other Features LED Indicators Status =B7 WAN =B7 Link (Per Port) Additional Features Auto Crossover (MDI/MDI-X) Memory Installed RAM 64 MB Installed Flash Memory 12 MB Dimensions Width 9.7 in. Depth 8.5 in. Height 2 in. Weight 1.5 lb. Miscellaneous MPN CISCOSB101K9

Reply to
Merv

831 with a particular IOS can have up to 3 interfaces. 1 WAN e4 (? - i don't know how it is called) 1 Ethernet (normally linked to the 4 switch ports) e0 1 Ethernet (linked, when put in no shutdown mode, to FastEthernet 4)

I used an 837 as a ethernet router substaining rates up to 2 Mbits/sec (due to bandwidth limitation on a router behind the 837)

HTH alex

Reply to
AM

Merv schrieb:

Hi! Thanks fpr all input so far. I need routed interfaces. I think I will go with a used 1720 with 2 WIC-1ENET.

Christian

Reply to
Christian Lox

Ah, you're in Germany; if I understand correctly, the law there requires that the software be transferable. Most places in the world, you would encounter the problem that the software license does not [normally] transfer when an IOS router is sold; by the time you pay the fee to "relicense" IOS from Cisco, an 83x would likely be less expensive.

Even in your location where [if I understand correctly] you are entitled to continue to use the license that is already on the machine, if you find that you need to upgrade to a newer IOS version, the cost to do so could be high, depending on the features you need. It probably is not -so- bad for a 1700 series, but by the time of the 3600 series it can be a big expense.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.