Cisco 2801 Router & it's Ethernet Ports

Hi al I have a Cisco 2801 which has an SHDSL WIC installed. This was sent to site to be installed but I since found that my ISP uses an NTU to connect the router which means the SHDSL WIC is useless SHDSL --> NTU (Ethernet) --> Router The SHDSL service is connected to the NTU supplied by the ISP and the NTU is suppose to then connect to the router via an Ethernet interface Can I use one of the 2 Ethernet interfaces on the Router for the NTU and the other to connect my LAN at the remote site One Ethernet interface connecting to the LAN will be 192.168.204.0/24 The other interface (the WAN as such) needs to be 10.200.5.17/30 The ISP's NTU is configured as 10.200.5.18/30 Will this work or will I need to install an Ethernet WIC into the router?

Cheers, Scott

Reply to
Scooty
Loading thread data ...

Thats fine. There's no restrictions in Cisco for what an ethernet can be used for. An Ethernet HWIC will just give you another interface if you need more than the 2 that it comes with.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.