Help with ethernet card installation

I'm in the process of installing some additional ethernet ports into a

2600. Specifically a quad ethernet 4e board. After installing the board and booting the router, I can't see the four interfaces (using show interfaces). I had expected the router to recognize their existence. Is there some configuration that needs to be done for a new card such as this? My router is running IOS 12.2. Sorry if this is obvious, this is a first for me.
Reply to
Bob
Loading thread data ...

According to the documentation that I found, the NM-4E is supported in versions 11.2(5)P or later. Did you see any error messages while the router was booting?

Reply to
dtpike

After installing the card, I saw several errors on the console. Most of them dealt with the configuration of the onboard ethernet device (FastEthernet0/0). The router wasn't usable or accessible. What can I try next?

Reply to
Bob

Can you capture all of the messages that you see during boot and paste them for us to see? I'm curious what kind of error messages you're seeing.

Reply to
dtpike

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.