LLQ on Ethernet Interfaces

Hi Group,

is there any way to configure LLQ (priority command) in an policy-map and apply it to an ethernet interface ? Actual this is only possible on serial or ATM interfaces !

thx dennis

Reply to
dennis
Loading thread data ...

Yes, it works exactly the same as it does for any other interface. Create the class-maps, policy-map and attach to the Ethernet Interface with the "service-policy x out" command.

Here are the relevant config parts from one of my production routers:-

class-map match-all VoIP match dscp ef class-map match-all Management match access-group name Management class-map match-all Signaling match dscp af11 ! policy-map 128k-LLQ class VoIP priority 34 class Signaling bandwidth 8 class Management bandwidth 8 class class-default fair-queue random-detect ! interface FastEthernet0/0 bandwidth 128 tx-ring-limit 3 tx-queue-limit 3 service-policy output 128k

James

Reply to
James

Hi James,

thx for your input... right now I can't test it...

Here you can see the actual config on a cisco 7206VXR This config should be applied to a Gi Interface on a Cat6509...but this diesn't work ...

======================================================== policy-map voip class voice set ip dscp 46 priority 500 class voice-signaling set ip dscp 26 bandwidth 60

class-map match-any voice-signaling match ip dscp 26 class-map match-any voice match ip dscp 46

interface Serial2/3 description xxx bandwidth 1920 ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y service-policy output voip

=================================================

Dennis

Reply to
dennis

I take it that it works on the 7206? Unfortuntely I don't have any experience with 6500's

Why are you maching against dscp 46 & 26 and then also using a set command in the policy-map?

James

Reply to
James

The 7206VXR being a software-based router has the ability to run MQC type QoS on the Ethernet ports. The 6500 is more like an Ethernet switch with routing added on, and as such the LAN Ethernet modules have QoS similar to that of an Ethernet switch like the 3750, 3550, etc. It's more limited in what it can do QoS-wise and MQC (Modular QoS) priority/bandwidth commands won't work on those ports. You can setup a priority-queue by using the "priority-queue out" interface command and setup the bandwidth amount of that and other queues using the WRR (weighted round robin) commands. Do a search on CCO for "PFC QOS"

Reply to
philxor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.