Simple (hopefully) question for Cisco IOS gurus

Okay, so I seem to have messed up on a switch. I was configuring a switch to specified parameters printed out for me by somebody else, I was able to duplicate the config exactly and all was great, except the configuration I was copying had the following line:

"aaa authentication login default line enable"

I added that to the new switch, and reloaded.

Now, I'm being prompted for a username, and like a dufus I never set up a username/password in the first place. (In fact, I'm not sure why I'm being prompted for username, since line and enable shouldn't require username authentication.) So, I don't know what to type in for username - the moment I enter anything (like admin, or default, etc) for a username, I get an "authentication failed" message before even being prompted for a password.

Can anyone help?

Reply to
maethlin
Loading thread data ...

Have you tried putting whatever for the username and the enable password for the password?

Regards, Steve

formatting link

Reply to
www.networking-forum.com

you will need to execute the password recovery for the particular device in question.

search on the Cisco CCO site for the relevant procedure

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.