Using SCP on 877 with PPPoE

Hi,

Have several customer 877s deployed that we want to maintain by pushing out configurations using SCP. However, when we enable SCP, it breaks PPPoE authentication.

For PPPoE, the dialer interface is: interface dialer 0 encap ppp ppp authentication chap callin ppp chap hostname blah ppp chap password 0 blahblahblah ppp pap sent-username blah password blahblahblah

With the above config, ppp authenticates perfectly.

When we try to set up scp, we do not have any problem getting scp to work. However, the next time the router resets the DSL ATM interface and the dialer interface has to re-authenticate, authentication fails. Setting 'debug ppp auth' we find "No authentication required." is reported by the router in response to the CHAP challenge.

Clearly the problem is with how 'aaa authentication' is set up for scp. This is the basic (Cisco specified) scp setup that we have been trying to use: aaa new-model aaa authentication login default local aaa authorization exec default local username blah privilege 15 password 0 blahblahblah ip ssh time-out 30 ip ssh authentication-retries 2 ip scp server enable

Again, the above config works for scp, but breaks dialer ppp. We tried adding: aaa authentication ppp default if-needed or aaa authentication ppp default group radius and various other variations, but to no avail.

Anyone know how to get this to work?

THANKS! Jon K.

Reply to
Jon R. Kibler
Loading thread data ...

I don't have an actual dialer to play with, but using normal interfaces I can't reproduce your problem.

Can you post these debugs.

! debug aaa authentication debug aaa authorization debug ppp authentication !

You also 'ought' to be able to do away with the "ppp authentication chap callin" command on your interface as well. Not that I have any evidence it will make a difference.

What IOS are you running?

Reply to
Martin Gallagher

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.