Default user and password to enter on PDM

Few minutes ago I have upgraded firewall version to 6.3(4) and PDM to

3.0(2) versions on PIX 506E.

What is the default user and password to enter on PDM?

THANKS!

Reply to
jaisol
Loading thread data ...

cisco cisco

Reply to
Chris

I have not success with cisco and cisco.

How or where can I change username/password for PDM?

THANKS again!

Reply to
jaisol

The default username for the pix pdm is pix There is no default password, once you set an enable password it will become that password.

Example, you have no aaa setup and/or local usernames on the pix. You set your enable password to abc123.

username: pix password: abc123

If you did not set an enable password then that field should be left empty, simply use the username pix

You may be prompted for your username and password a couple times, this is normal on some browsers.

-Brian

Reply to
Brian V

I have used PDM before but I don't remember the password assigned.

Can I change the password for pix pdm user or erase password from telnet session? (how?)

THANKS again!

Reply to
jaisol

In article , jaisol wrote: :I have used PDM before but I don't remember the password assigned.

:Can I change the password for pix pdm user or erase password from :telnet session? (how?)

It's the enable password. If you don't remember the enable password, you can't reconfigure from telnet ;-)

If you were going in through a different username, then you could go in through telnet and "show user" to see what users exist. You could use "no username to remove an existing entry, and then another "username" command to recreate the user with a new password. Be sure to give the appropriate privilege level when you recreate the user.

If you don't remember the enable password, you are going to have to use the PIX Password Recovery Procedure. That involves dropping down to the PROM and loading in a special file that you will have to get from the PIX software repository; the exact file to use depends on the software version you are using.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Sorry, I was thinking of SDM on the routers!

Doh!

Reply to
Chris

Certenly I can begin telnet session with enable option (I have the password).

The "show user" command from telnet (with enable option) resolves nothing. I mean: pixfirewall# show user pixfirewall# minimum allowed username length is 4 pixfirewall# show user pdm -> minimum allowed username length is 4 pixfirewall# show user cisco -> invalid username pixfirewall# show user admin -> invalid username pixfirewall# show user root -> invalid username pixfirewall# show user administrator -> invalid username

Seems like user does not exist but I can't enter at https://MyIPPix with empty username and empty password.

The commands "no username" and "username" were not recognized.

Some else suggestion.

THANKS for HELP!

Reply to
jaisol

Have you tried the default?

username , password

"jaisol" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Tony Clifton

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.