migrating ATM from 11.1 to 12.2

We have some old routers that are running IOS 11.1. We're upgrading these to newer systems that are running IOS 12.2 Converting the most of the configuration was trivial, but I have a question about the ATM interfaces, which are OC3 fiber optic ports. Under 11.1 this was one of the configuration lines:

rate queue 0 100

That is, the first queue ran at 100Mbps, at least that's how I understand it. However, there is no "rate queue" command for ATM under 12.2. And looks like the interface in question has reverted to 10Mbps. Is the command "atm rate-limit" the replacement for "rate queue"? From the documentation I've read, it kinda looks that way. But there are lots more parameters, like separate commands for input and output, and configuring it is a bit more complicated.

This added complexity aside, is "atm rate-limit" the replacement for the old "rate queue" command for ATM OC3 interfaces?

Thanks for any help in advance.

B Squared ___________________________________________________________ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Immoral, adj. -- Inexpedient. -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

Reply to
"B Squared"
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.