SDM upgrade, rcp denied

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade SDM V2.1.1 on 2851 router. It turns out to be a nightmare:

- things don't work via a router in-between, the PC has to be in the same subnet as the router

- there must not be a firewall in-between

- SDM requires a Windows PC to perform the upgrade, even if the web interface does run on a different platform

- I had to configure the virtual line with a privilege level of 15, it has nothing to do with the http server and the login mechanism used with it

Now things to almost work. Now I get an error "RCP is denied through the connected interface". Before the installer claims that it will enable RCP...

So, what I am missing here? I have ip rcmd rcp-enable ip rcmd rsh-enable ip rcmd remote-host system 10.1.5.5 Administrator enable ip rcmd remote-username Administrator ip rcmd source-interface GigabitEthernet0/1 ! username system privilege 15 password 7 xyz ... line vty 0 4 privilege level 15 transport input all transport output all

I can't think of anything else :-(

Regards, Christoph Gartmann

Reply to
Christoph Gartmann
Loading thread data ...

Are you getting this error message from the SDM installer or from the router ?

might want to install a windows rshd server and try rcp commands from router

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

From the SDM installer on the PC.

I'll give that a try on Monday.

Regards, Christoph Gartmann

Reply to
Christoph Gartmann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.