sdm on xp pro

has anyone tried running SDM successfully in Xp pro. So far I could only run from w2k Pro. maybe to some extent in xp if I log in as administrator w2k offers more robust operation.

oh, btw, what does install a copy on device do? would that actually let me run SDM from device via https?

Reply to
gg
Loading thread data ...

Its very sensative to the version of the JVM installed on the machine. I'd imagine you are running too new a version on your XP box for its liking.

The JAR files are stored on the router instead of on the workstation. Makes it more convienient if you have the large FLASH space required since you don't have to have SDM installed on multiple machines if you move around some. You'd still run into JVM version issues though.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Reply to
Ranga

as a regular xp user?

I am using the same JVM on Xp and w2k jvm 1.4.2-06-b03

Reply to
gg

Reply to
Ranga

where can I get 1.5.0 build 1.5.0_06-b05 they now have build 1.5.0_09-b03

which does not work for me.

I also tired on Xp Version 5.1.2600 sp2: 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.50301-1519 Service Pack 2 I kept on getting activex blocked and have to click to let go. this occurs despite I put the file:\\\\\\c:\\cisco\\sdm as trusted, inactivated firewall

what build of XP Pro are your using?

Reply to
GG

Reply to
Ranga

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.