same username for multiple users on PRI?

I have a customer that insists on using the same username for upwards of 80 users that will be dialing into an AS5350. When the user1 connects the first time, he gets an IP address. when he connects again, from a different PC and different ISDN modem (but to the same PRI phone number) the second user1 gets the same IP address as the first user1. I suspected something like MLPPP was on by default, but apparently not the case as I did 'no ppp multilink' on the dialer and group-async interfaces.

So, the question, how to have multiple instances of the same username dial in to the same PRI and yet get different IP addresses?

TIA,

Jason

Reply to
Jason
Loading thread data ...

~ I have a customer that insists on using the same username for upwards of 80 ~ users that will be dialing into an AS5350. When the user1 connects the first ~ time, he gets an IP address. when he connects again, from a different PC and ~ different ISDN modem (but to the same PRI phone number) the second user1 gets ~ the same IP address as the first user1. I suspected something like MLPPP was on ~ by default, but apparently not the case as I did 'no ppp multilink' on the ~ dialer and group-async interfaces. ~ ~ So, the question, how to have multiple instances of the same username dial in to ~ the same PRI and yet get different IP addresses? ~ ~ TIA, ~ ~ Jason

The following (possibly hidden) commands may help:

dialer mult-map-same-name !CSCdk28459 ppp ipcp ignore-map !CSCdm18764

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Thanks Aaron, I'll try that.

Jason.

Reply to
Jason

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.