Cisco 3660 dial-in problem

Hello

I have a problem with ISDN Dial-in to 3660 Cisco router. I have configured a PRI int for ISDN and i have defined one dialer profile. I have almost 35 remote sites calling to router (computers with ISDN cards). The problem that i can't have two remote points connected at the same time. Is it something wrong with my router configuration?

Configuration example:

version 12.1 ! ! isdn switch-type primary-net5 call rsvp-sync ! ! ! ! ! controller E1 3/0 pri-group timeslots 1-31 ! ! interface Loopback0 ip address 10.215.255.1 255.255.255.255 ! interface Loopback1 ip address 10.215.255.2 255.255.255.255 ! interface FastEthernet0/0 ip address 10.215.0.1 255.255.255.0 duplex auto speed auto no cdp enable ! ! ! interface Serial3/0:15 no ip address encapsulation ppp dialer pool-member 1 isdn switch-type primary-net5 isdn fast-rollover-delay 5 isdn incoming-voice modem no fair-queue no cdp enable ! interface Group-Async0 ip unnumbered Loopback0 encapsulation ppp async mode dedicated peer default ip address pool ANALOG no fair-queue ppp lcp delay 60 ppp authentication chap pap ppp ipcp dns 10.215.0.8 group-range 65 80 ! interface Dialer1 ip unnumbered Loopback1 encapsulation ppp no ip mroute-cache dialer pool 1 dialer-group 1 peer default ip address pool ISDN no fair-queue no cdp enable ppp authentication chap pap callin ppp multilink ! ! ip local pool ANALOG 10.215.90.1 10.215.90.200 ip local pool ISDN 10.215.80.1 10.215.80.100 ip classless ip route 10.215.80.0 255.255.255.0 Dialer1 ip route 10.215.90.0 255.255.255.0 Dialer1 no ip http server ! dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit no cdp run ! dial-peer cor custom ! ! ! ! end

Reply to
kazz
Loading thread data ...

~ I have a problem with ISDN Dial-in to 3660 Cisco router. I have ~ configured a PRI int for ISDN and i have defined one dialer profile. I ~ have almost 35 remote sites calling to router (computers with ISDN ~ cards). The problem that i can't have two remote points connected at ~ the same time. Is it something wrong with my router configuration?

Yep, a dialer profile is for a connection to exactly ONE peer (possibly via multiple parallel links.) If you want to connect 35 remote sites into this router, you should configure 35 dialer profiles, one for each remote. Each remote should be configured with its own CHAP or PAP hostname, and use "dialer remote-name BLAH" in each dialer profile, so that the right remote router will bind to the right profile.

Another misconfiguration is that you don't have "ppp authentication chap pap" configured on your ISDN D channel.

Here's a pretty good example:

formatting link
This example uses multiple BRI interfaces; you would just use a single PRI interface.

There are many other ways to configure this stuff, but for just 35 remote routers, this is what I recommend.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

formatting link

The previous poster is correct, it that if you use Dialer interfaces then you need one for each client. You have a group-async configured, so what you want is to get rid of "dialer pool-member 1" and add "dialer-group 0" command under serial 3/0:15. This should work as you want.

Scott

Reply to
Thrill5

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.