After ACS upgrade ppp stops authenticate.

Hi, I've upgraded our Secure ACS from v2.6 to v3.3 (via v3.0 and replication). I now have two completely separate ACS-servers running, with almost all equipment using the new ACS, but I have problems authenticate ppp-callers when using the new ACS, whereas everything is ok when using the old one.

The message I get in the 'failed attempts' log is 'Auth type not supported by External DB' when I try to login with ppp. If I telnet to the router with the same account I'm right in, using the same (windows)-account.

Any tips where to look for a solution?

Some lines from my config, C3660, 12.2(8);

aaa new-model aaa authentication login default local group tacacs+ aaa authentication enable default enable aaa authentication ppp default group tacacs+ local

tacacs-server host x.x.x.x tacacs-server key bzzzzt

Reply to
Bjoern Frantzen
Loading thread data ...

Bj=F8rn Frantzen,

Did you ever find out how to fix this problem? I'm having the same problem, did some research but come up with nothing so far. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you=20

Victor

Reply to
vwblue

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.