Router Died

Hi Group,

I have a Cisco 2600 series router that went down last night, upon coming in this morning I was able to get consoled into the box, all that is scrolling on the screen is : 'unexpected AIM interrupt on AIM slot0' I had 2 WIC cards in it and have since removed them a put them into another router but I am curious on what this error means, I do not see a lot of google.com history on it.

aof-rtr-01# sh inventory NAME: "2620 chassis", DESCR: "2620 chassis, Hw Serial#: JAD04380RII (2877689386), Hw Revision: 0x102" PID: , VID: 0x102, SN: JAD04380RII (2877689386)

version 12.3

Reply to
Chad Mahoney
Loading thread data ...

The Advance Integration Module slot usually holds an encryption module for doing VPN. Either yours has died or just needs to be reseated.

Reply to
gabrielshorn

Thanks for the reply.

That is odd because the only cards in the router is 2 WIC's This is just an edge router, with no options installed.

Very odd

Reply to
Chad Mahoney

The AIM cards are ususlly found under the lid, so it may not be obvious. Here's a diagram of it:

formatting link
Brian

Reply to
response3

response3 wrote: >

formatting link

Brian,

Thanks for the link, it is weird cause there is no card or expansion on that slot, but I did use some compressed air and blew out the area, powered on the router and it is now booting normally.

Very strange...I guess we will be using this router as a last resort need a backup router :)

Reply to
Smokey

Weird. You might be able to trade that in and get a new version at a reduced price. Cisco does trade-ins on EOL stuff sometimes.

Brian

Reply to
response3

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.