Cisco 2600 Router

I am trying to set up a Cisco 2600 router. I am having problems configuring a hypeterminal connection on Win XP, prior to connecting the router to the PC. My PC cannot connect to a port usinh a hyperterminal. Are there instructions on how to set up this hyperterminal connection? Is there anything I shoudl look out for?

Marcus

Reply to
tobhamlet
Loading thread data ...

Bits per second=9600 Databits=8 Parity=None Stopbits=1 Flow control=None

-Brad

formatting link

Reply to
brad

1) Move the power switch to the ON position. 2) The green LED to the auxillary port should go on and the fan should operate. 3) Messages will begin to appear in your terminal emulation program window.

The instructions then provide an example of a message one might see in the terminal emulation program. The instructions mention that the messages vary depending on the Cisco IOS software release, interface modules in place in the router, and feature set that one selects.

I assume the terminal emulation program has to be configured first? There are no examples or descriptions in the install manual on how to set that up. I am just using Start/Programs/Accessories/Communications/Hyperterminal. When the "Connection Description" dialogue box appears I enter a name in the "Name" field and click the OK button. In the "Connect To" dialogue box I select "Connect Using" COM2 and click the OK button. In the "COM2 Properties" dialogue box I select the port settings provided to me

Bits per second=9600 Databits=8 Parity=None Stopbits=1 Flow control=None

Then I click the OK button. I just get a flashing underscore symbol in the hyperterminal window. Is it at this stage that I follow the 1, 2,

3 steps provided in the instruction manual?

Marcus

Reply to
tobhamlet

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.