Router 7206 low throughput

Hello

I have Cisco router 7206 with C7200-IO-FE-MII/RJ45= and two PA-FE-TX interfaces. I've experienced very small speeds on those interfaces. For example when I've connected two computers directly to these FE interfaces with crossover cables and tried to download one big file from one PC to another the speed was only 420 KBps.

There are no special settings on those interfaces. Just default settings and IP addresses assigned. Any help appreciated.

Igor

Reply to
eduke
Loading thread data ...

Did you hard code your speed and duplex settings?

Regards, Steve

formatting link

Reply to
www.networking-forum.com

I'm not sure about what you mean. There is on both interfacs duplex set to full and there is no other speed parameter set.

interface FastEthernet0/0 ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.224 ip nat outside no ip route-cache cef no ip route-cache duplex full no cdp enable ! interface FastEthernet1/0 ip address 192.168.22.1 255.255.255.0 ip access-group 101 in ip access-group 102 out ip nat inside duplex full no cdp enable

Is there something else I should check or change?

Igor

Reply to
eduke

Please set globally `ip cef' and on this interface:

ip route-cache ip route-cache cef

This will turn CEF on and improve throughput. Next, please show `sh int fa0/0' and `sh int fa1/0'.

Reply to
£ukasz Bromirski

Hi,

- make sure that the devices connected to your 7206 are set to 100mbps / full duplex. Older FE-interfaces for the 72xx are 100mbps only, they cant be set to 10mbps, therefore no speed parameter.

- why is the route-cache turned off? Maybe thats the point, now the router is operating in process switching mode. set "ip cef" in the config, and on the interfaces "ip route-cache cef".

Regards, Axel

eduke wrote:

Reply to
Axel Gärtner

Hmm. I thought I recommended that. :)

Glad to see you got it fixed.

Regards, Steve

formatting link

Reply to
www.networking-forum.com

Thank you Lukasz. I've set the speed on the switch to 100 / full duplex instead of auto / auto and the speed is now 7MBps when I copy from one interface to another.

Igor

Reply to
eduke

Hi Axel,

you were right. The problem was with the ports (on the switch) set to auto. Now when they're set to speed 100 and full duplex the speed increased from

400 KBps to 7 MBps. Thanks a lot for your help.

Igor

Reply to
eduke

Hi Steve,

yes you recommended it but I didn't get it for the first time :-)

Igor

Reply to
eduke

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.