Cisco 7200 Series Router Question

Hello,

I am trying to find the commands that would allow a static IP address from the router's WAN port to the router's LAN port (internal lan i.e.

192.168.....) and vice versa.

I am able to get the static IP address setup and ping the WWW, but NOT the internal side of the router.

I am somewhat familiar with the normal commands.

The router is a 7206 with 0/1 0/2 and 0/3 GIG ports.

Any assistance is very much appreciated.

-J

Reply to
jim
Loading thread data ...

Static routes generally point to a next-hop rather than an interface. If your internal clients are on the same subnet as the 7206, no route is needed. If this is an Internet application, note that you may need to employ NAT for your 192.168 network, as that network will not be reachable from Internet users.

Steve Griff> Hello,

Reply to
info

Hello,

I am trying to find the commands that would allow the WWW to route from a static IP address on the router's WAN port to the router's LAN port (internal lan i.e.

192.168.....) and vice versa.

I am able to get the static IP address setup and ping the WWW, but NOT the internal side of the router.

I am somewhat familiar with the normal commands.

The router is a 7206 with 0/1 0/2 and 0/3 GIG ports.

Any assistance is very much appreciated.

-J

Reply to
jim

post you config with the ppublic IP masked out

Reply to
Merv

This isn't possible. 192.168.0.0/16 is not routeable across the internet.

You need to port forward from the public address to the internal LAN.

Setup NAT, then use the following commands to port forward.

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.x [PORT NUMBER] interface [External Interface, normally a Dialer] [External Port Number]

Let me know if you need help seting up NAT. In summary, specifiy your internal and external interfaces, and then setup your access lists to NAT. i.e ip nat inside source list internet-nat interface Dialer1 overload

with the following ACL. ip access-list extended internet-nat permit ip 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255 any

Reply to
Andrew

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.