Hot Swapable 7206?

Are the cards in a 7206 hot swappable? We need to add an ethernet card but don't really want to power it off. Can we add the card while the router is on and running?

-Matthew

Reply to
Matthew
Loading thread data ...

Hi Matthew,

You may want to investigate the Cisco 7206 Online Insertion and Removal Guide:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide

1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Website:
formatting link
Reply to
BradReeseCom

yepp - this works. We have quite a number of 72xx running and we're hot-plugging and removing cards all the time. Works fine. In **very rare** cases I have observed that the new card is not recognized (but after removing it and plugging it again it worked). What is more annoying is that there are different flavours of the 72xx, VXR and non-VXR chassis, different NPEs and I/O-Controllers and I have had several cases where a card was simply not supported (chassis too new, too old etc...) in such a case you'll get a log message explaining what went on.

Regards, Axel

Reply to
Axel Gärtner

On the 7206 only the processor card is not hot swappable. The port adapters are. From the Cisco docs.

bob

Reply to
Bob Peticolas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.