route-map to override default gateway

Hello,

I am in the process of switching backbone providers and for a time will have two ISPs connected to my cisco 3600.

1st on a t1 2nd on a atm pvc

I have been operating on the 1st using static routes 0.0.0.0 pionting to the serial interface, now I want to config my servers on the lan with IPs provided by the 2nd ISP so each server will have two IPs, one from the 1st and one from the 2nd.

So how do I get traffic on the 2nd ISP's IPs to only traverse the atm pipe?

I though of doing a route-map as copied below, which looks to work for traceroute and ping, but any tcp/udp traffic stalls. It seems to send one packet and then get hung.

Thank you for your advice! Christopher

Reply to
christopher.bozeman
Loading thread data ...

if you have cef enabled then remove the " ip route-cache policy" command as that is for fast-switching PBR which is slower than CEF PBR

Reply to
Merv

Merv,

Thanks for the info...

I turned of cef "no ip cef", but it did not make any difference.

I also tried making default routing a policy only decision and removed all the default 0.0.0.0 routes like this: route-map findgateway permit 10 match ip address 1300

Reply to
christopher.bozeman

I fixed the problem.

Turned out to be an ATM cloud issue with the telco that was dropping packets over 500 bytes. Once that was fixed by the telco rebuilding the path, everything worked!

A few notes on cpu utilization and route-map.

When running CEF and route-map, make sure to issue no ip route-cache cef on the interface that is doing route-map and also add ip route-cache policy.

Christopher

Reply to
christopher.bozeman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.