Default Route.

Hello boys & girls.

I've just started working on a "new" option 81c. I'm looking at our inbound calls and noticed that not RTE information is being passed on to the switch from our carrier, basically we only get a DNIS #.

My question is, When the PBX receives a call without route information which route does it select to process the call?

Regards,

Hached.

Reply to
hached
Loading thread data ...

I think you mean the call displays no Caller ID. The "route" is like the parent of the "trunks". Short of logging into LD21 and PRT, TYPE RDB, the display you see will suffice. If you see this " 8904-12" The chances are the the Route number is "4" and the Trunk member number is

1. Unless the Route is a "PRI" (smart trunks, caller ID, ISDN. etc) you will not get caller ID.

Reply to
GHTROUT

It's already coming in on a route, so you don't need anymore info unless it is a DID and then they send the DID number.

Reply to
acewarlock

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.