rate-limit or police question

I'm looking for a solution to limit bandwidth on a vlan. I have several AP1230's and a couple of WLC2000 that have 2 vlans associate to SSID's. I want vlan 10 to have full bandwidth to our internet connection but I on want to give a total of 200k (the whole vlan) to vlan 20. Basically I'm using vlan 20 for a quest ssid and is wide open for anyone to connect too where as vlan 10 business use and requires priority.

I know QOS will give vlan 10 priority over 20 but I also want to stop users on vlan 20 from download large amounts of files.

I have a 6509 as our core switch to a pix then to our outbound router. The AP's are all over the place on older cisco switches connected via fiber and trunking vlans.

Reply to
Michael Letchworth
Loading thread data ...

You can rate limit limit this on whatever device you have the layer 3 interface for vlan 20. QoS can not only be use do prioritize traffic but to also rate-limit (police) the data to a specific limit. Don't forget that you will need to rate-limit the traffic in both directions.

Scott

Reply to
Thrill5

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.