problem with cisco.com

Can anyone get to

formatting link
today? They seem to be down.

Doan

Reply to
Doan
Loading thread data ...

I got on this morning but have not been able to all afternoon.

Reply to
Ben

It seems to be a big problem. If i access

formatting link
i get:

----- Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/2.0 Server at

formatting link
Port 80

------

Karsten

Reply to
karstenf

It was down for me too (here in Calgary, Canada), but it is now back up as of 2:40pm MDT 08-Aug-2007 (although, I still cannot get to the support forums...the main

formatting link
seems to be up)

Thomas Dzub> Doan wrote:

Reply to
Thomas Dzubin

The Cisco website appeared to be offline from about 19:15 UTC until 18:45pm UTC today, Wednesday August 8th, 2007.

Reply to
Scott Perry

Time travelled? ;-)

Doan

Reply to
Doan

What were the cause? Hackers? A bad GSR?

Doan

Reply to
Doan

Keeping in mind that Usenet is global, I posted the times based on Greenwich meridian time. Okay, how about 3:15pm-4:45pm eastern daylight savings time?

The original indication was an Apache webserver 403 forbidden error stating that the page could not be displayed. This is an error that is generated by the Apache webserver and could only be viewed if we had a connection across the Internet into that web server or load balanced web server group. After that there was no network response to the website IP address and a traceroute to

formatting link
did not complete its trace into the cisco.com domain as it did after the company presence returned online. No matter the cause, there were more networking engineers at Cisco then there were posting to this Usenet newsgroup yesterday. I think that they got it under control.

By the way, Cisco's stock prices went up during their outage.

Reply to
Scott Perry

Hi Doan,

You may wish to investigate:

Cisco confirms Web site outage

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese on Cisco Network World Magazine Cisco Subnet

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

i have one problem . i have 10 pc my lan connection is ,ping ,ip addressing ,every thing is fin ,no error i event viewer ,but i can't access my administrative share , why? pl z send me solution .............* i have one router ,connected with two switches

1switch has 7 pc other switch has 7 pc how many broad cast domain and how many collusion domain
Reply to
mandar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.