Problem Connecting 2 Cisco Switches together

Hi there,

I am new to this Network stuff and if possible I'd like a little bit of help.

Im using a Catalyst 3500 XL series switch, and i bought a Catalyst Express Series 500 because the place where i work is switching to a VoIP phone system.. At the moment, all my pcs are connected to the Catalyst 3500XL switch. I configured my Express 500, by connecting a laptop directly in a port. I have the Default Vlan on every port and i also configure the smart port roles so port 1-24 are all Desktops (for the moment) and the GigB#1 port is configured as a Switch.

Now, im using a straight 4 feet long cat6 cable to connect both switches together. I connect 1 end of the cable in the Gigabyte port and the other end in a random port of the Catalyst 3500XL.

For some reason, all the pcs that are connected to the Express 500 cant connect to the internet. They can see the lan, but they dont have an access to the internet.

My Internet setup is like this:

Main Line -> T1 Modem - > Firewall -> Catalyst 3500 random port ->

another Random port from the Cat3500 -> 1gb express port.

My modem and my firewall are connected together using a X-over cable.

I hope you all understand what i wrote, im new to networking.

Thanks in advance.

- Melkar 60 pally Dalaran

Reply to
maxime.alarie
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.