R 2610

Hi, does anyone know if R2610 supports VLAN trunking and PAT? Does It have something to do with fast-ethernet interface? I read in some documentations that R2610 has "fast-ethernet" interface but in the others that it has only "ethernet" ?! In some I read 10/100 TX? What is the truth?

Reply to
vitibor
Loading thread data ...

2610 ---> 1 Ethernet interface 10 Mb built-in 2610XM --> 1 FastEthernet interface 10/100 Mb built-in

VLAN trunking --> There is support in the c2600 ios images for ISL and .1q So you should be able to do it on a 2610. I've seen claims it can be done even on the

2500 series but I doubt that because there is no support for trunking in the c2500 ios images.

NAT-PAT --> Supported

Reply to
Drake

Reply to
vitibor

Cisco documentation refers only to VLAN trunking over 100 mb links or above but Cisco is referring to production networks. If you google for "Cisco VLAN trunking 2610", you will find reports of people doing it in a training lab environment.

Also check the 2620 router, it has an 10/100 ethernet interface.

Reply to
Drake

I have a 2610 in my work lab. If you can wait another couple of hours I'll test and post an update soon.

BernieM

Reply to
newsreader

Its a common misconception. People keep repeating the maxim, but there are a few IOS loads that do VLAN trunking on the 2610 with its 10-base-T port. Its only a few, not any of the general shipped ones.

You don't need FastEthernet to do VLAN trunking, but most people didn't bother backporting it for anything that was ethernet only.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

OK. Here is prove positive that 802.1q trunking can be done on a cisco 261x router:

formatting link

Reply to
Drake

formatting link
Very nice.

IIRC you need the "Plus" feture set or better for Trunking.

Reply to
Bod43

Reply to
vitibor

formatting link

Reply to
vitibor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.