how to build ISDN DSL splitter

Hello newsgroup, we are three enthusiasted electronics amateurs and we got that idea into our heads to build our own splitter box. I have a ISDN+ADSL connection at home. Based on that connection we would like to separate the a) DSL signal b) ISDN signal c) Analog telephone signal (POTS?) with an appropriate self-implemented hardware setup. Does someone have experience with this, which he / she would like to share with me? Has somebody already implemented such a cicruit or could someone explain to me how this is achieved best? A block diagram would be surely helpful, because unfortunately we do not have much notion of the whole telecom stuff. Are there integrated solutions, i.e. special components, which one could use? I would search for components myself but I don't have a clue under which keyword those components are traded? It would also be helpful to know something about the expected signal characteristics, e.g. voltage swing, offset, frequency range, etc. I can remember something like voltage offset of -60V at the POTS signal.... or something like that? What about the ringing impulse with ISDN and POTS? It is definitely different with bioth, I guess?!

Any kind of answer and held is highly appreciated.

Best regards Max

Reply to
M. Bayerer
Loading thread data ...

I believe that the following is the bandwidth allocation for voice, ISDN and ADSL

0 - 4kHz Voice 0 - 80kHz ISDN 80 kHz BW 100kHz - 1.1 Mhz ADSL

In the US and Europe, ISDN uses the echo canceler method instead of TCM with an 80-kHz bandwidth, which does not overlap with the ADSL bandwidth.

Reply to
Eugene Blanchard

This got me curious and after a bit of searching, I found out that you ISDN and ADSL occupy the same bandwith. ADSL upstream bandwidth overlaps with ISDN:

0 - 4kHz Voice 0 - 80kHz ISDN 80 kHz BW 26 kHz - 138 khz ADSL upstream bandwidth 138 kHz - 1.1 Mhz ADSL downstream bandwidth

So it doesn't look like ADSL and ISDN can run on the same local loop. There is the alternative of using the black and yellow pair for one and red and green pair for the other.

Eugene Blanchard wrote:

Reply to
Eugene Blanchard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.