Changing Windows Passwords - VPN with a PIX, Cisco VPN Client and RADIUS Authentication

I have remote access configured between a PIX running IOS 7.2(1) and Cisco VPN clients running 4.8. I'm currently authenticating using RADIUS from IAS running on a Windows 2003 Server. This server is configured as a stand-alone workgroup server and all users are maintained on it.

How do I enable changes to the Windows password when a user's password has expired or they first get their account and are required to change the password at first login? All my users are remote and never local so the VPN is their only access. I know this is possible using the Concentrator but the PIX and ASA's should have evolved to the point to accomodate this.

Also, my current RADIUS exchange takes place using PAP, which is unencrypted. How can I change this to MS-CHAP v2? Thanks!

Reply to
DCS
Loading thread data ...

I now have the MS-CHAPv2 working between the PIX and IAS. I ensured MS-CHAPv2 was allowed on the IAS side and then added the "password-management" on the tunnel group ipsec-attributes being used for the remote connection. I'm still unable to change Windows password though the 7.2(1) documentation says it will. Is the RADIUS command to do this supported in Cisco ACS and not IAS RADIUS?

Reply to
DCS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.