SonicWall Global VPN Client Issue

Hi,

Currently we use a SonicWall firewall and the Global VPN Client for users to connect remotely. Oddly, the following problem seems to occur randomly with the client. As the system admin, when a user requests a laptop, I setup the VPN client for them and their profile. After setup and entering the pre-shared key, the connection status makes its way to "Connected." Although I understand that the VPN does not work properly when within our network's "walls," when the user takes the laptop home, sometimes, when opening the client, they get a message stating "there was no connection named..." It's almost as if the connection that I had setup "disappears" when they take it home and connect from an alternate network. I am completely stumped why this is happening. Currently, the only method of resolution is to walk them through the process to re-create the connection and providing them with the pre-shared key, which is somewhat of a security issue. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks.

Reply to
Foodbank
Loading thread data ...

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply to
Foodbank

Am Sun, 20 May 2007 10:53:43 -0700 schrieb Foodbank:

I have since 2 weeks various security related issues with sonicwall but it is another story. Which version of GVC do you use? Did you setup the connection via useraccount or administrator? regards

Reply to
Burkhard Ott

I have the latest version from SonicWall's website.

Regarding user setup, I've been setting up the connection under the user's account, in which they have administrative privileges.

Thanks.

Reply to
Foodbank

Am Tue, 22 May 2007 09:25:20 -0700 schrieb Foodbank:

Ok, I did the same thing with winxp sp whatever on a user account but all works well. You'll should find the configurations file (XML format) for every useraccount, search for 'SonicWall Global VPN Client.rcf'. Check if the settingsfile exists after you configured this (crappy) client and check what happens after reboot/logout and login. You'll find a status window in the menu of the client or ctrl+l, usually you should see that the client tries to load the users *.rcf file like reading configfile blabla...

Reply to
Burkhard Ott

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.