Cisco VPN Client (MSI, EXE) Installer

All, I am trying to deploy the Cisco 5.0 VPN Client to several remote users. I want to re-package the installer into a single .exe or .msi self extracting self installing file, I would also like it to be pre- configured with the required connection configuration. I know it can be done because when I attended PSU for school, that is exactly how they deployed the VPN client. Does anyone know how I can do this? Thanks in advance.

John

Reply to
John Wible
Loading thread data ...

You would need an msi decomplier, I use Wise so I can edit the whole install. You simply create a folder called profiles with the .pcf in there, I also like to add the pcf to the main root directory. You can then either recompile it or use some other type of program to make a self launching exe. First time it's a learning curve, but after that it's easy. I do it for all my customers now.

Reply to
Brian V

Cisco actually had some files and instructions to help you do that with the 4.x client and InstallShield. I did it to make a silent install, disable the installation of the ZoneAlarm firewall and add my PCF files. Alas, no such tools exist (from Cisco) for the .MSI file, which is a shame since it's recommended/required for Vista. I actually have a ticket open for that request. It's been open for months.

Reply to
Bob

Hi did any one manage to automate the package?? I know it can be done. I tried creating a transform file, but no joy. Has any one used the msi file shipped with the VPN Client???

Thanks. Neville

Reply to
npluck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.