VLAN strangeness

Hi everybody, I have a 4506 and a 4006 both trunked together with a portchannel consisting of a 1 GB fiber link (on the Sup) and a 1 GB copper link. Also trunked to each of the switches is a Nokia box. I used to create VLANs on the Nokias and also config them on the switches. Between the two switches is also HSRP running. As soon as I create a new vlan on all four boxes HSRP stops working, both switches believe they are active router, standby router is unknown. Debugging shows no hsrp packets from the other switch arrive. My workaround is to shut down one interface from the portchannel and bring it up again and then everything is fine. IOS 12.1, my config for the channel is: interface Port-channel4 switchport switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunk interface GigabitEthernet1/2 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunk channel-group 4 mode on interface GigabitEthernet3/1 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunk flowcontrol receive off flowcontrol send desired channel-group 4 mode on

The flowcontrol entries are only on one members' copper port, besides this both boxes are completely configured the same way. Has anybody got an idea how I can solve this? Thanks. Steffen

Reply to
PabloFiasko
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.