please help ASAP 2611 issue

Hi everyone I just loaded a new IOS on my 2611 and it will not boot. I keep getting the message ' open: file "n" not found open(): Open Error = -1 loadprog: error - on file open boot: cannot load "flash:n" and when i try to manually boot the flash this is the message I get. I am completely out of ideas.

rommon 2 > boot flash:c2600-i-mz.122-12a open: file "c2600-i-mz.122-12a" not found open(): Open Error = -1 loadprog: error - on file open boot: cannot load "flash:c2600-i-mz.122-12a" rommon 3 >

If anyone has any clue please tell me. Thanks

Reply to
Sam
Loading thread data ...

My guess is that you copied a bad file up to the router, wiping out the old IOS image, and happened to call the new image 'n'.

Do you have any 'boot system' commands in your config?

Do a 'dir' boot the file that you find there.

I suspect you'll find it contains 'n' as a file, and that it is corrupt.

You most likely will have to TFTP boot an IOS image off your TFTP server and go from there.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Sam,

While you are in ROMMONITOR, do the command "dir bootflash:" or "dir flash:" to see exact file name. Usually these files have a file extension ".bin". You should provide FULL file name to successfully load router.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

well - it says you didnt type it right ... look at the real filename in flash and type it just as it looks there.

HTH Martin

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

I tried your dir bootflash: command and it gave me a bad device name error. does that mean ios is corrupt? Thanks for all your feedback

Reply to
Sam

etadapter.com

its the right filename martin. i copy/pasted. I don't know if the ios is just corrupt

Reply to
Sam

Phoneswww.ciscoheadsetadapter.comwww.headsetadapter.com

Really?

Do you see a file extension on the command you entered?

"rommon 2 > boot flash:c2600-i-mz.122-12a"

What if you had two files in flash named c2600-i-mz.122-12a.bin, and c2600-i-mz.122-12a.tar?

Wouldn't you need to specify an extension?

Best Regards, News Reader

Reply to
News Reader

He also suggested "dir flash:".

Post the output of "dir flash:", and any "boot system" statements in the existing config.

You did backup a copy of the existing config before you commenced this process, didn't you?

Reply to
News Reader

setadapter.com

I did a dir flash: already and it is the only file that is up. there is no .tar file. it states that it is the only file on.

Reply to
Sam

You mis-understood my point.

I was not suggesting that both files existed. I was giving you an example of "why" extensions should be specified when entering commands.

The following is from your post. Note the absence of the file extension.

"rommon 2 > boot flash:c2600-i-mz.122-12a"

I was trying to get you to specify the extension in the command; to share the output of "dir flash:", and the "boot system" statements in the existing config so we could end the flailing.

Reply to
News Reader

rommon command output from a functioning 2600 router:

rommon 6 > dir flash: File size Checksum File name 16083780 bytes (0xf56b44) 0x1c3a c2600-ik9o3s3-mz.123-26.bin

rommon 7 > boot flash:c2600-ik9o3s3-mz.123-26.bin program load complete, entry point: 0x80008000, size: 0xf56a28 Self decompressing the image : #################

If this is not what you get when you enter the same commands ( using the filename from your router), then you will need to get documentatiin on the rommon tftpdnld command and TFTP a new IOS image to flash:

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.