2611 flash issue

Hi guys n gal's

The issue I am having is that after we received one of the 2611's it did not want to load and gave this message in a loop.

open: file "n" not found open(): Open Error = -1 loadprog: error - on file open boot: cannot load "flash:n" System Bootstrap, Version 11.3(2)XA4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Copyright (c) 1999 by cisco Systems, Inc. TAC:Home:SW:IOS:Specials for info

I tried reloading IOS and I still got the same message. Do ya'll think its an hardware issue?

Reply to
Sam
Loading thread data ...

open: file "n" not found open(): Open Error = -1 loadprog: error - on file open boot: cannot load "flash:n" System Bootstrap, Version 11.3(2)XA4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Copyright (c) 1999 by cisco Systems, Inc. TAC:Home:SW:IOS:Specials for info

Above is the message that loops on the 2611. I am not sure what is wrong. I reinstalled IOS now for the second time and still get the same message. Hardware issue? Thanks

Reply to
Sam

Sam,

Looks like you have corrupted BOOT variable. It's trying to foot the file "n" instead of a standard file name. You should break the boot process (send a "Break" signal from your terminal), get into the ROM-MONITOR, and issue the command "boot bootflash:". Then, when router booted up, check running config for "boot" configuration (do "show run | inc boot"), remove it from the config (conf t, no ), and insert a new correct BOOT variable ("dir" to see a file in bootflash, then "conf t", "boot sys flash bootflash", then exit and do "wr mem").

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Thanks again Well i am trying to do what your telling me and I did and it booted up and I am trying to get into enable mode so I can do a conf t but it has a password now. I think that my IOS is corrupted. Everytime I try to do a command this is what I get for examples if I do reload command

oh01rtr4>reload Translating "reload"...domain server (172.17.16.120)

and if I shut it off and turn it back on I get back to the loop messages.

Reply to
Sam

Sam,

"Reload" command (as many other "configuration" commands available in PRIVILEGE mode only. You have to do "enable" command, and then enter the router's password. After that you will be able to do a configuration changes, save config, and reboot the router.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Thanks again Well i am trying to do what your telling me and I did and it booted up and I am trying to get into enable mode so I can do a conf t but it has a password now. I think that my IOS is corrupted. Everytime I try to do a command this is what I get for examples if I do reload command

oh01rtr4>reload Translating "reload"...domain server (172.17.16.120)

and if I shut it off and turn it back on I get back to the loop messages.

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

If you dont know the enable password then here is the link to follow the password recovery procedure. It will allow you to change the password. I make the assumption you still have physical access to the console.

formatting link

Reply to
Newbie72

etadapter.com

ct

Hide quoted text -

I have already tried that and unfortunately for some reason I got this message oh01rtr4>confreg 2142 Translating "confreg"...domain server (172.17.16.120)

and config register is on 0x102 ... which I have never seen before. Definately not sure what is wrong.

Reply to
Sam

Ph>>>> Sam,

Really?

Does that look like the ROMMON prompt to you?

Best Regards, News Reader

Reply to
News Reader

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.