PIX506E and VLAN support

Hi,

The releasenote for 6.3.4 says that 506 can have 2 VLAN.

I have a PIX506E with this sho ver output:

Hardware: PIX-506E, 32 MB RAM, CPU Pentium II 300 MHz Flash E28F640J3 @ 0x300, 8MB BIOS Flash AM29F400B @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB

0: ethernet0: address is 000d.28c2.0b19, irq 10 1: ethernet1: address is 000d.28c2.0b1a, irq 11 Licensed Features: Failover: Disabled VPN-DES: Enabled VPN-3DES-AES: Enabled Maximum Physical Interfaces: 2 Maximum Interfaces: 2 Cut-through Proxy: Enabled Guards: Enabled URL-filtering: Enabled Inside Hosts: Unlimited Throughput: Unlimited IKE peers: Unlimited

Question is: Shouldnt the Max interface count read 4 ?? The PIX under test, do infact "eat" the VLAN config commands, but I am unsure if the VLAN works correctly. If its an error, what could be done to correct it ?

Hope you can help outm fx by verifing other 506E sho ver max interface on PIXOS6.3.4

regards Martin

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav
Loading thread data ...

I don't think you can configure a VLAN on the outside interface, so it should probably read 3. But it doesn't, and neither does mine. Must be an oversight by Cisco.

Reply to
Wayne

Just checked a 515-R, say 3 phy, and 5 max This ia a totalt of 8, which is correct. fx you can have 6 VLAN and 2 phy on a 515-R I think that you have to add the numbers up.

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

No, it's a TOTAL of 5--physical and logical--with an R license. Therefore, with no additional interfaces on your 515-R, you would have 2 physical and a possibility of 3 logical.

Cheers! Richard

Reply to
Richard Deal

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.