enable 3des on pix

hi, have a pix 501 with 50 (internal hosts) user license below... how do i enable 3des? can i?

tried 'crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-3DES-MD5 esp-3des esp-md5-hmac' but saying my 3des encryption not enabled with my activation key... thanks in adv.

------------------------------------------------------- EnicPixFW# sho ver Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(3) Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0(1) Compiled on Wed 13-Aug-03 13:55 by morlee Hardware: PIX-501, 16 MB RAM, CPU Am5x86 133 MHz Flash E28F640J3 @ 0x3000000, 8MB BIOS Flash E28F640J3 @ 0xfffd8000, 128KB

0: ethernet0: address is 0011.5c20.6580, irq 9 1: ethernet1: address is 0011.5c20.6582, irq 10 Licensed Features: Failover: Disabled VPN-DES: Enabled VPN-3DES-AES: Disabled Maximum Physical Interfaces: 2 Maximum Interfaces: 2 Cut-through Proxy: Enabled Guards: Enabled URL-filtering: Enabled Inside Hosts: 50 Throughput: Unlimited IKE peers: 10 This PIX has a Restricted (R) license.
Reply to
ants
Loading thread data ...

Ask your Cisco dealer/partner. They can get you a new licence key for your firewall. It doesn't cost your Cisco partner anything exept 5 minutes filling out a form on the Cisco website.

Depending on how much you have bought from them they'll do it for free. :)

-Danny

Reply to
Danny Muizebelt

In article , Danny Muizebelt wrote: :On 11 Mar 2005 03:23:55 -0800, "ants" wrote: :>have a pix 501 with 50 (internal hosts) user license below... :>how do i enable 3des? can i?

:Ask your Cisco dealer/partner. They can get you a new licence key for :your firewall. It doesn't cost your Cisco partner anything exept 5 :minutes filling out a form on the Cisco website.

Or if you have a CCO login then you can fill out the form yourself. There may be a bit of a delay while they verify that you are in one of the permitted countries, but especially after the first it is usually fairly fast, seldom taking more than an hour.

:Depending on how much you have bought from them they'll do it for :free. :)

There is no charge for the 3DES key. There used to be but not anymore.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.